Panmure Squash and Rackets Club
Panmure Squash and Rackets Club has served the local community successfully for over 52 years with numerous members participating in the sport for the love of the game, for fitness or to compete at local, national and international levels.
The club has achieved success through all levels of the sport and has produced the most successful New Zealand player to date, Ross Norman.
Ross is the only NZ player to win the World Open. He also achieved a ranking of number two in the world and in 2014 was made a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to squash.
Panmure Squash will continue to serve our local community by striving and achieving our goals.
The clubs short term goals are as follows:
- To operate as a successful, self-sustaining local sports club
- To continue to promote an active and connected community
- To grow the number of Squash players in our community
- To target the participation of the surrounding communities
- To grow participation of:
- To provide a quality indoor facility available to a range of community organisations and a variety of sport and recreation users.
- To encourage more Aucklanders to participate in building an active and a connected community
Our Long-term goal is to align ourselves with the following organisations and their goals.
Maungakiekie-Tamaki Board and their Strategic Alignment Plan by:
- Contributing to the Health & Wellbeing of the Tamaki Community
- Providing accessible services and social and cultural infrastructure that are responsive in meeting people’s evolving needs.
- Developing a love of sport early
- Local delivery and targeted population groups
- More Women and Girls being physically active
- Increasing the visibility and accessibility of squash
- Connecting more with the younger generation
- Creating equal opportunities for males and females to participate, enjoy and achieve
- Growing participation and international success